Saturday, January 07, 2006

TV Time and Wild Card Goodness

It's time to get your VCR groove back on as new episodes of good TV shows are back. Sorry I didn't warn you ahead of time but the second season of Battlestar Galactica went on the air last night. Hopefully, you caught Friday's premiere cause it sure would be iritating to have your tape run out on you halfway through. Oh, yeah. It happened to me. Anyone have any idea when if any reruns air this week? I thought 24 kicked off this weekend but it looks like next Sunday will begin the fifth longest day of Jack Bauer's life. And Wednesday we'll be back on the island for LOST. Make sure your TiVo or whatnot is prepared.

And you better be prepared for some football. Last year, this was the best weekend of football and this season it looks like it could be just as good. I haven't picked any games this year but maybe I will during the post-season. Let's break it down:

Washington Redskins @ Tampa Bay: I just don't see a hobbled Brunell having much effect on this Bucs D. Then again, I've been undersetimating the Redskins all season long so maybe I'm doing that again. But, I don't think so. Winner: Tampa Bay

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England: I don't know why the Patriots are talking about being disrespected now. If they had brought this up in the middle of the season, I could see that. But ever since they whupped up the Bucs on nationwide TV, people are calling them the most dangerous team in the playoffs. I agree with them, but the Pats should probably quit whining. Winner: New England

Carolina Panthers @ New York Giants: The Carolina Panthers have been pretty underwhelming in my mind. I had them picked to win the Super Bowl before the season and I haven't seen a game where they really justified that prediction. But maybe that means they're due. Besides, all they have to do is stop Tiki Barber and there's not much left in the Giants aresenal. Winner: Carolina

I'll talk about the Bengals tomorrow. I figure they deserve their own blog entry since this is the first playoff appearance in 15 years.

"My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your allusions and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home