Saturday, December 10, 2005

And We're Back...

Sorry for the technical difficulties the Sock Drawer has experienced this week. The entire peelio.com family was afflicted and The Goat is working to prevent another such occurrence. It may be at another place, though. I'll keep you posted. Apparently, "Our Policy is That Customers are Responsible for Data Loss" which is stupid. It's like Arby's blaming you when you show up and they're out of roast beef. Pretty stupid. But it wasn't a catastrophic loss and most of the posts should be recoverable and I'll be back on my regular schedule here starting today. Next week, I'll put back the post about the big new LOST theories and I'm looking to create my own League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Should be a good time.

But Saturdays mean previewing the upcoming Bengals team. The Cincinnati-hosted Battle of Ohio will be on tomorrow. With a win over the Browns, the AFC North crown is all but officially worn by Marvin Lewis and his team. After last weekend's big emotional win in Pittsburgh, I'm actually concerned about a letdown. Two years ago, the Browns handed it to the Bengals on the last game of the year with a playoff spot on the line. So, it can be done. For a franchise so closely associated with failure, I'm worried about how they will deal with success. I mean, Chad was calling for the Super Bowl after just one quality win, I think I'm justified that these guys might be getting a little caught up in all the hype. Hopefully, they take care of business tomorrow and pave the way for those all-important plaayoffs.

"I didn't get that message. Maybe you should've put it on the bulletin board. I figured since I've waxed Tony and Marco and his friend here, I figured you and Karl and Franco might be a little lonely, so I decided to give you a call."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home