Thursday, December 08, 2005

Blogging about Blogging

I think I read somewhere that blogging about the act of blogging is a sin. Well, then, I will be guilty today. Logan's House of the Ded is considering a hiatus or status-quo change. You know, in order to spend time doing productive things. Whenever someone talks about changing up their site, it makes me consider mine. I'm also going to be going through some employment changes, which would definitely determine how much I can work on this blog and the Unabated Sports one. I understand some places really frown on employees blogging while on the clock. Or just plain don't let them by limitting access to computers and cyberspace and whatnot. Pretty weird but I guess they get to set the rules if they're doling out the paychecks.

Anyway, back to blogging. KB had an interesting take on the evolution of blogging and social networking that seem to be the next big thing. I've just recently created a personal MySpace page and am wondering how much to put into that. I mean, you can post pictures, personal information, customize your page, add a song or video, and even blog. I don't know what it says about me but I just haven't fully embraced it. It seems weird coming from a guy who blogs every day but the MySpace format seems a bit much. What I like about the blog is that I really dictate what parts of my life I put out there, and it's not a lot. With MySpace, it seems like you really have to put yourself out there to bring people in. Or maybe it's the amount of work required that is keeping me at bay. Anyone else feel that way (or differently, for that matter) about MySpace or Friendster or Tribe (which I haven't even tried yet) or any other social network?

"Hey, my eyes aren't glistening with the ghosts of my past!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home