Thursday, April 27, 2006

To Mock Or Not To Mock Draft

Another thing I did last year was create my own mock draft and called it the NFL Sock Draft. Yes, very clever. I was planning on repeating that again this year but that also took a good amount of effort. I think I spent the better part of my work week putting that together and since I didn't work this week, no preperation went into creating a mock draft. Sure, I could throw one together but who wants to see that? I tried to sprinkle in some amusing anecdotes to liven it up and have no time for such shenanigans at this late date.

If you absolutely need another possible scenario to digest, check out the Unabated Sports 2006 Mock Draft. We did this in our studio on Tuesday and Jeff, Clinton, and I took turns putting players on teams. I was surprised how long it took considering we only did the first 24 picks. Sure, we did break for commercials but it still lasted just about an hour. No wonder the real thing takes so long. And the pressure really picks up when you're on the clock and you have no idea who you should be taking.

Speaking of no idea who will be taken, don't forget to try Mark's draft contest.

"Everyone knows that gasoline comes from dinosaurs. If we're running out of gas, the solution isn't to drive less, it's to kill more dinosaurs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home