Thursday, April 27, 2006

To Liveblog or Not To Liveblog

As you can probably tell, I'm getting a bit psyched for this weekend's NFL Draft. As per tradtion, I'll be at the Goat's as we will be glued to the tube for several hours on ESPN. Just like last year. And the Goat has NFL Network so we can flip over to their coverage, too. I'm also thinking of listening to NFL Radio's coverage on NFL.com and ESPN Radio, too. Does that sound like overload to you?

Last year, I liveblogged Day 1right here on the Sock Drawer. It was a neat experience as I think everyone should liveblog something at least once in their blogging career. I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I was going to do that again this year. It was kinda fun and it's real interesting to go back and see my gut reactions to what was going on that day. But it was a surprising amount of work. I was kinda glued to the couch, pecking away at my laptop constantly throughout the afternoon instead of fully taking in the event. Still a day or so to mull it over but I wouldn't expect it at this point.

Here's some highlights from last year's NFL Draft, as seen on my blog:
1:07 MOe has informed us that it is technically against NFL rules to use a horse as a running back.

1:36 The Titans... pick the guy who has a T-shirt wiith his own picture on it. He looks like a character Dave Chappelle is playing. But Pac-Man's got a cool nickname so we'll let it slide.

1:47 Merrill Hodge's hair is NOT in mid-season form.

1:48 Johnny thinks Mel looks like Sam the Eagle from the Muppets.

2:03 Our first erectile dysfunction commercial. Good thing they waited until the kids are in bed before showing it.

3:22 Tonight, a Pay Per View Event, pay $30 to watch some guy you never heard of fight another no-name!

3:28 I don't understand advertisers who show how cool their product can make their environment when it's so damn cold outside! The last thing I want right now is a beer that freezes over everything in the room when it's already snowing!

4:33 Amy alluded to the fact that Fabian Washington being black and going to Nebraska, the guy must be able to run. And we here at the Sock Drawer appreciate all of our Nebraska readers. Send all hate mail to Amy, please.

5:09 Johnny is thrilled to hear the ESPN folk insult Seattle receivers. He's poised to throw his hat at the screen.

5:10 He threw some food instead.

So that's the kind of excitement you can expect if I hunker down and type out the reactions from our war room this weekend. More than likely, I will probably do some kind of overall entry I contribute to throughout the day as opposed to full-on liveblogging. Yeah, that sounds much better for my lazy ass.

"I've quit better jobs than this."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home