Saturday, April 22, 2006

MySpace Mylestones

My struggling MySpace page seems to finally be getting some momentum. I just made my 30th friend on there this week. It doesn't sound like much, but that's considerable progress for me. Hell, it took over four months just to get 200 views. I'm closing in on 350 now so the pace has certainly picked up a lot in the last few weeks. A lot of the recent friends have been former co-workers for different jobs who have tracked me down again. A few high school friends have also said hello, the first time I had talked to them in a few years. (Yeah, I didn't go to my reunion so I haven't caught up with pretty much everyone.)

I did notice that the jump in people viewing my page corresponded with some changes I made. First, I removed everyone from my friends page who's profile picture was just an ass in a thong. Second, I started blogging on there. (And by blogging, I mean posting stuff I wrote here over there, as well. I can barely get original content on here, let alone another site.) I don't know which one made more of an impact but I don't think the rise in viewership around the same time is a coincidence.

By the way, I am celebrating another big milestone tomorrow. First one to guess why May 4th is a big deal around these parts gets a point for the quote contest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home