Sunday, April 23, 2006

Halloween In April?!


Aprilween
Originally uploaded by Woodmania.

The brand new holiday of Aprilween was recently celebrated in Columbus. Definitely a good time at Bryan and Gretchen's as they and their neighbors know how to throw a good shindig. You can see more Flickr pics from the Aprilween party. Keep checking it, I'll be putting up some pictures as time and memory permit. But Aprilween wasn't just in Columbus. There are others who took part, as well. Not a lot from the looks of it, though. It doesn't seem like it's taking the nation by storm, yet. Hopefully, it will catch on. As a man, I can only hope there are more days on the calender for women to dress as a french maid or cheerleader or twisted versions of fairy tale characters. Yes, I revel in my pigness.



Franz
Originally uploaded by Woodmania.


I technically took part in the Aprilween festivities, but was pretty lame in my costume. Yeah, Hanz from the classic Satuday Night Live sketch. Not a bad idea suggest by Moe's brother, Daniel, who was looking for someone to go as Franz. That's him in the giant foam cowboy hat above. So, obviously that plan didn't pan out. When he changed his mind earlier in the week, however, I was too lazy to change my costume idea. And when I got to the party, I was too lazy to stuff my sweatsuit with towels. So, I had no muscles and no work-out partner. Pretty half-assed. I've done this costume before so maybe I was resting on my laurels. I thouht my fancy cardboard belt would impress but that didn't happen. I have a lot to make up for when Halloween comes around in the fall.

"As Prometheus said to the Athenians, 'I need another beer'."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home