Monday, March 20, 2006

V For Saw Movie

First off, thanks to all of your opinions last week about whether or not to see the movie before reading the original graphic novel. I did hold off reading it until I saw the movie. And I wasn't the only one who checked it out, V For Vendetta was the #1 movie in America in it's opening weekend. Overall, I really like it. I paid $8.50 to see it and felt it was worth every penny so I think that says a lot. The Goat gave V a pretty good grade. I thought Hugo Weaving was perfect and I think this was the hottest I've seen Natalie Portman. Overall, not bad.

How does it compare to the source material? I'm only about halfway through the original Alan Moore-written piece so I can't give a full breakdownn. But some obvious changes were made to reflect the times we're living in now. There's a lot of shots taken at America's current place in the world and Moore had a beef with that. Also he didn't like how fascism and anarchy were left out of the movie as they were key components in his work. But I really felt enough elements of the original remained and the updates worked well. Fellow comic book writer Peter David thought so. So, I'm not alone. What'd you guys think of the movie? And the book? But don't spoil too much, I haven't finished it yet.

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home