Monday, March 13, 2006

V For See Movie?

Pop quiz, hotshot. I'm planning on seeing V For Vendetta this weekend. It's based on a graphic novel that I just finally got around to getting this month. The question is, do I read it before I see the movie version this weekend? What do I do? What do I do?

I'm leaning towards not reading it because, more often than not, the movie is not as good as the source material. Especially when folks are adapting Alan Moore's stuff. Remember League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Yeah, LXG was LXCrap. But, early reviews for Vendetta are pretty good. Even though there's been a public airing of Alan Moore's beef, which is no real surprise considering he can be surly at times.

Then again, the point is probably kind of moot, considering I'll probably see the movie Saturday and won't have a lot of time to start and finish the rather lengthy tome. Still, there might be enough time to get it in. What do you think?

"They used to burn men like you... alive."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home