Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday Morning Sore Back

I know some friends who like to spread out their birthday into a "birthday week." I'm too old for that so I settled for a birthday weekend. Friday night, I drove up to Columbus to see the new Harry Potter movie cause I was pretty sure I wasn't going to find anyone down here to see it with. It was a good time seeing the Columbus crew and the movie was alright. It was my favorite book, but I didn't like this movie as much as the third one so I guess that could be considered a little disappointing. I don't want to be the "book is better" guy so I won't go into that stuff too much. Probably the most nagging thing I can think of is the guy playing Dumbledore bothers me. He's a fine actor, but he just doesn't match up with the character very well. The first guy was much more in tune with the perceptions I got from the book. Of course, it's not like they fired the first guy. He died, so they did have to recast. Maybe I should just get over it.

Saturday, I got to meet up with John Broeckling, a friend and former co-worker from the Hoptown days. He was in town for the big UC basketball opener against the Murray State Racers. It was a close game and Murray almost pulled it out, just like JB predicted on Unabated Sports earlier in the week when we had him on the show to preview the game. Keep an eye out for the audio of that interview in the next few days.

Then came Sunday. My birthday and another chance for the Bengals to show that their nice record isn't just a fluke. But, unfortunately, like the other two times they faced a team with a winning record, the result was a loss. Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as the Steelers game as the offense had a lot of success. But the defense was just chewed up and spit out by Peyton Manning. "Safety Ifeanyi Ohalete looked more disoriented than Courtney Love on New Year's Eve." That wasn't me who said that, it was Kyle Nagel from the Dayton Daily News. But I definitely agree with it. When you get down to it, the best team won. The offense was great, Chad Johnson came to play football and swoon women so it was definitely an entertaining evening.

So, why am I sore? For some reason, on the day they I get older, I decided to play young man's games like football and Ghost in the Graveyard. A lot of fun but a little too much when you're over the hill like I am. :)

"You think I like avoiding my wife and kids to hangout with nineteen year old girls everyday?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home