Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fan Film Friday: 28 Day Slater

It's been a looong time since my last Fan Film Friday review. I thought it was gonna take something that really spoke to me on a personal level to get me back. Little did I realize that the source material for the Fan Film would be Saved By The Bell.

FF type: Short Story
Apparently, Mario Lopez is not adapting very well to his post-SBTB life. He's slipped back into his AC Slater persona and it has mixed results in the real world.

Production Quality: (4) Looks like a pretty well shot and edited work. Not technically spectacular, but it creates the appropriate settings and doesn't hamper the overall effect. Loved the "live studio audience" effects they brought over from the show. Nice attention to detail.

Performances: (4) Very good impression of A.C. Slater. At times, I was wondering if Mario Lopez himself was replaying his role.

Fan quotient: (4) The premise is explained in the opening theme song so you shouldn't be too lost. Besides, if you lived in America in the last fifteen years and even walked by a TV at some point, how could you not have seen this show?

Entertainment Value: (5) Definitely good fun. Whether you loved the show or hated it, you'll appreciate this one.

FF obtainment: (4) I found it through FARK. It's from the folks at Channel 102. And you can see it on YouTube. Or right here on this site. Hmmm... YouTube might make it necessary to re-evaluate how this category is judged.

28 Day Slater: 21 out of 25.

Wow. Who would've thought something based on a show that infuriates every cell of my body would score so high with me. I guess it doesn't hurt that this piece pokes fun of the Bell Universe.



"By the time I grab my books and I give myself a look, I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home