Saturday, January 28, 2006

Hotdown: Battlestar Galactica

Last week, someone said I should talk more BSG. I don't think this is what Eric meant, but here we go. Who's the hottest woman on Battlestar Galactica? No, I'm not talking about babes from the original series. The new-fangled Sci-Fi version have produced some fine looking women. Some have even appeared on the Maxim Hot 100 list. Who's the best looker in the Colonies?

Kandyse McClure .... Petty Officer Anastasia Dualla
Her workouts with Apollo have been pretty intense but I'm just not seeing enough out of her to have her compete with the rest of her castmates. Maybe if we saw her in something other than standard military fare.


Mary McDonnell .... Laura Roslin
Okay, maybe a little too "mature" for my taste. But, by my count, she is the second hottest president on TV. Also, she's been on her deathbed for most of this season so that's not exactly gonna put a lady in the best light.

Katee Sackhoff .... Lt. Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace
I think she's the favorite of Tom the Dog, and others I'm sure, but there's something that makes me not quite completely on board with her. Maybe it's the intermediate hair. If it were long or short, maybe I'd be fully on board. I know you're supposed to be a tomboy, but pick one.

Grace Park .... Lt. Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii
I know it's not because I'm an old school fan who's upset that Starbuck is now a girl cause I'm thrilled Boomer is a girl. Although, I'm not as excited that she's a Cylon. But we get to see the actress do so many things and get dressed up in different ways and seduce multiple guys. She can pull off the ponytail and wear it down, too. I also loved her appearance on Best Week Ever as she danced the robot.

Tricia Helfer .... Number 6
But, by a close margin, the winner is the lady in red. Not since Species has there been an enemy that looked so worth certain death. I'm not normally into the "blonde bombshell" look but you can't argue with the results in this case. I usually go for the more "girl next door" look that Park pulls off. Although, I never lived next to someone who looked that good.

It was a close call for me, but there you go. What do the top contenders have in common? Both play multiple characters and can show off different looks and characteristics. Or I'm attracted to "toasters." What can I say, the Cylons have definitely upgraded. What do you think? Is Number 6 number 1? Or is there another BSG babe who deserves the top spot?

"I am a friendly, okay? We're all friendlies. So, let's just... be friendly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home