Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bloody Thursday Postponed

For those who have read this blog, it should come to no surprise that I love the NFL. Unfortunately, there's a lot of news going on off the field. Basically, this fine upstanding sports league could become a blithering mess in a couple of years. This whole dispute involves a lot of things I don't understand. The NFL delayed free agency a few days to try and buy more time, but it sounds like the point will be moot. It'll just wait until after the weekened for the fit to hit the shan.

I just haven't been as gung ho or excited as I have been in off-seasons past. By this time, I would have been hip deep in mock drafts or scoured potential free agent lists a hundred times over. I have a feeling that this CBA mess was probably a big reason for it. As a fan of a notoriously cheap franchise, I just am not excited by the prospect of the NFL becoming more like MLB. I'm so disenfranchised I can't even finish this blog entry.

"Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home