Monday, February 27, 2006

Sometimes I Don't Notice Things

The Cincinnati Enquirer had an article about my local comic shop and I only found it when I saw it at a comic blog, The Great Curve. How sad is it that I learned about this from a site that's probably operated out of another part of the country? Well, I don't get the paper so maybe it's not that bad.

Anyway, scanning the article, it seems to be about comic books as investments. I wouldn't suggest it since you'd have to shell out some money to get any that are worth a damn and continue to be worth something. Their value doesn't shoot up very quickly so I don't see it being a lucrative business. But, as an enjoyable hobby that may or may not return on your investments? It's pretty darn good. Just don't bank the house on it.

"Are you an authorized dealmaker in this establishment? Do you have the power to negotiate?"
"You wanna haggle over the price of your French Dip?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home