Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm Jack Bauer! And Don't Ever Let Me Catch You Guys in America!

Keifer Sutherland made a comment that made print lately: he would not be opposed to an Airplane-style spoof of 24. Not only would he like the idea, he'd like the folks behind the real show to do it. Apparently, there are some comical moments that happen while they are filming the exploits of CTU's premiere anti-terrorist agent. Of course, some people think the show is already a parody of itself. I disagree, but there is a lot that could be poked at with great success. But, other than a star or two appearing on Saturday Night Live or a similar show, we've never really seen a franchise make fun of itself. I don't know if that's a good thing for a group so close to the subject matter to poke fun or if this kind of comedy should be left to proffessional comedy experts. I know it would be a bad move for them to make the parody, then try to make it serious again. I think I'd settle for a low-key hour of Jack enjoying a nice bite to eat or a power nap. On second thought, I'd like to get Nina Myers back.

"That's crazy!"
"No, crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, muttering "I'm a hamster, I'm a hamster."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home