Saturday, February 11, 2006

Woody The Football Widow

I understand that "football widows" are normally women who have lost their husbands to the football season, but that doesn't make sense to me. I think it makes more sense the way that I'm using it today: football has left me. Sure, there's the Pro Bowl tonight but that doesn't count. The next time an NFL team takes the field will be the Hall of Fame game on August 6. And that's preseason, so that's kind of the same thing. Holy crap, that's a long off-season. There's the NFL Draft on April 29. Even that seems like a million years away. The off-season, or "NFL business season" is actually my favorite part of year. But the problem is it is so drawn out that weeks can go by without anything new happening. It would be wonderful if we could just simulate the slow parts and move past them like in a franchise mode of EA's Madden game. No can do. I guess I'll just have to keep myself occupied for a few weeks until the NFL Combine comes around with the next batch of big NFL news.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you don't take it out and use it, it's going to rust."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home