Friday, January 13, 2006

Best Weekend In Football?

When the final 8 teams take the field in the NFL, it's considered the best weekend in football. Two games Saturday, two on Sunday. The best octuplet take the field for the right to move on to the conference championships. Last week, I got half right. I chose wisely in regards to the Patriots and Panthers. Not so much with the Bucs and Bengals. Let's see how I do this week...

Washington Redskins @ Seattle: Yes, I continue to underestimate Washington at every turn. But, c'mon. No way they go across country after a tough road game last week. Although, their offense clearly didn't make the trip to Tampa so maybe they're well rested. Winner: Seattle

New England @ Denver: I think there's a lot of good reasons the Broncos can win their first game without John Elway. Home field advantage, their running offense and defense. But there's lots of good reasons for the Pats to come away victorious, too. But I picked the Patriots back in August so I think I should stick with them now. Winner: New England

Carolina Panthers @ Chicago: See above. Winner: Carolina

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis: Unless the Steelers can take out another quarterback, there's no way this should be a game. The Colts will probably roll offensively. Even if they don't, Indianapolis actually has a defense so the classless asses from the Steel City will not get lucky for a second week in a row. Winner: Indianapolis

We'll see how things actually turn out starting at 4:30.

"I thought we were sparring."
"That's why you don't win."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home